26 July 2008

The Future and Web 2.0


Can I just say...WOW! The two articles we had to read on the future and Web 2.0 had so much to say. They are like an epiphany of the future of web based learning. There were just so many concepts introduced in these two articles.. They also made me realize that taking this course was an excellent idea!!

Here are a few thoughts I would like to pursue:

1. I am going to have to become a lurker. Actually, this course is helping with that. I find myself lurking about all kinds of web sites.

2. We are becoming "engulfed" by the amount of information available. Weeding out the excess is going to be a challenge for my students and myself.

3. I especially like Steve Hargadon's comment "now we have to teach them to create appropriate content." I think this will be very important in the future.

4. All those classes stressing the importance of differentiated instruction will totally come into play while using web based learning. This can only benefit our students in the long run.

5. And, connections in real time online will be very useful to the future of education!

Now I just have to do my weeding and figure out what I can use to help my students in this new teaching/classroom environment.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Excellent points! Particularly number 2 - I think the kids don't realize the importance of where they are getting their info or what skills they need to make these discernments themselves.